COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we may collect information when you use our Site, buy our products, provide product reviews, create an online account, sign up to receive our emails, communicate with us via a third-party social media site, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, zip or postal code, billing address, shipping address, phone number, payment card information, product preferences, demographic information and any other information you choose to provide. In some cases, we may also collect information you provide about others, such as when you decide to purchase and ship products to someone else. We will use this information to fulfill your requests and will not send marketing communications to your contacts unless they separately opt in to receive communications from us.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Site
When you access or use our Site, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Site, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Site.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that helps us to improve our Site and your experience, see which areas and features of our Site are popular, and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels"). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Site or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see "Your Choices" below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Site.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Site;
- Process payments for and providing the products you have ordered;
- Provide the information you request, process and complete registrations and related transactions, and send you receipts and confirmations;
- Request feedback and otherwise contact you about your use of the Site;
- Respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, and requests and to provide customer service;
- Send you updates and newsletters and otherwise provide you with information about us or that we think will be of interest to you, such as sending you news and information to keep you informed about various issues, events, resources, promotions, products and services;
- Send you technical notices, updates, confirmations, security alerts and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Site;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Site;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better information
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Diggs is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Site or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Diggs or others;
In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, reorganization, sale of assets, financing or acquisition or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the assets of Diggs; and
By publicly posting, at our discretion, your product review or other user content if you provide one;
With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Site that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
Social Sharing Features The Site may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook "Like" button), which let you share actions you take on our Site with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Security Diggs takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
ADVERTISING AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
We may also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign on other websites or platforms. For more information about Internet-based ads, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and www.aboutads.info/choices. European users may opt of receiving targeted advertising by visiting http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our Site. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Site.
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages by following the instructions in those messages or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you opt out, we may still send you other types of emails, such as those about your use of the Site.
We do not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information to us, please contact us immediately and we will endeavor to promptly remove such information from our records.
CUSTOMERS WHO ARE RESIDENTS OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA (“EEA”)
Legal Basis for Processing
We process your personal data described above:
- As necessary to fulfill our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., processing payments for and providing the products you have ordered);
- As necessary for our legitimate interests, including our interest in providing relevant and secure products and services to you, and improving our services and products;
- As necessary to comply with our legal obligations; or
- As consistent with your consent, which you may revoke at any time.
Exercising Your Rights
You have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected or erased and to port your data. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing or to withdraw consent you have previously provided. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Questions or Complaints
If you have a concern about our processing of your personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority where you reside. For contact details of your relevant local Data Protection Authority, please see http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
CUSTOMERS WHO ARE RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA
California law permits residents of California to request notice of how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org.